Proper Pronunciation Guide
- Pronounce the first syllable like the word “try.”
- Stress the second syllable [ʌm].
- Use the y-like consonant glide /j/ to link from the frist to the second syllable—from/ɑ͜i/ to [ʌm].
- Pronounce the letters “ir” as the weak R-vowel, /ɚ/ .
- Pronounce the vowel in the final syllable as the weak schwa vowel /ə/.
- Use the consonant glide /r/ to link from the third to the fourth syllable—from/ɚ/ to [ət].
|The three judges ruled as a triumvirate.|
(noun) A governing body consisting of three people who share power equally.